Verona Road construction update for Sept. 1-5
The following update is provided by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation:
With the holiday weekend, delays are expected on area highways due to heavy traffic volumes, especially during peak travel times (i.e., afternoon/evening and afternoon/evening). Plan ahead and budget extra time to safely reach your destination. Note – Holiday work restrictions in effect from noon Friday, Aug. 29 until .
Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods. Regardless of any roadwork inconvenience, please continue to patronize area businesses in the Verona Road work zone.
Verona Road work
Two lanes open to traffic (in each direction) on new northbound lanes, between the Beltline and Raymond Road.
- View the traffic staging plans.
- Work zone speed limit is 30 mph. Drive with caution through the work zones.
- NOTE: Frontage road speed limits are typically 25 mph. Drive with caution on the frontage roads, especially Britta Parkway.
Daytime work on Verona Road southbound and the frontage roads.
- Work to occur approximately ( )
(Sept. 2), East Frontage Road traffic, between Red Arrow Trail and Atticus Way, will be switched onto the new pavement.
- Work will include pavement removal, water main, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer installation.
- Traffic will be maintained on two lanes or with flagging operations.
- Access will remain open to area businesses.
- Please be alert for crews working in the area.
NOTE: The delivery of steel girders will be completed
(Sept. 2) during normal business hours.
- No delays are anticipated for this delivery.
Freeport Connection is open to traffic (temporary roadway under Verona Road near Southwest Commuter Path).
- The Southwest Commuter Path remains open in this area.
CLOSED to through traffic, between the temporary Verona Road intersection near Home Depot/Subway and the Southwest Commuter Path over the Beltline, until late September 2014.
- Access will remain open for local traffic and to area businesses.
- Work includes sanitary sewer work, pavement removal and storm sewer work.
West Beltline Frontage Road (east of Verona Road)
CLOSED to through traffic, between Britta Parkway and Whenona Drive (south of the Beltline), until
- Alternate routes are required. Access to area businesses to remain open.
Hammersley Road cul-du-sac (north of the Beltline)
- CLOSED to traffic until for utility work. No detour posted.
Check out a recent bird's eye view of the Verona Road (US 18/151) construction, between the Beltline and Raymond Road. Remember to be alert for crews working in this area, and drive with caution in all work zones.