Verona Road construction update for Aug. 25-29
The following update is provided by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation:
Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods. Regardless of any roadwork inconvenience, please continue to patronize area businesses in the Verona Road work zone.
Verona Road work
Two lanes open to traffic (in each direction) on new northbound lanes, between the Beltline and Raymond Road.
- View the traffic staging plans.
- Work zone speed limit is 30 mph. Drive with caution through the work zones.
- NOTE: Frontage road speed limits are typically 25 mph. Drive with caution on the frontage roads, especially Britta Parkway.
Daytime work on Verona Road southbound and the frontage roads.
- Work to occur approximately (August 25-29)
NOTE: The delivery of steel girders will take place on a daily basis throughout the week, starting
(Aug. 25) during normal business hours.
- No delays are anticipated for these deliveries.
Freeport Connection is open to traffic (temporary roadway under Verona Road near Southwest Commuter Path).
- The Southwest Commuter Path remains open in this area.
CLOSED to through traffic, between the temporary Verona Road intersection near Home Depot/Subway and the Southwest Commuter Path over the Beltline, until late September 2014.
- Access will remain open for local traffic and to area businesses.
- Work includes sanitary sewer work, pavement removal and storm sewer work.
West Beltline Frontage Road (east of Verona Road)
CLOSED to through traffic, between Britta Parkway and Whenona Drive (south of the Beltline), until
- Alternate routes are required. Access to area businesses to remain open.
Hammersley Road cul-du-sac (north of the Beltline)
- CLOSED to traffic until for utility work. No detour posted.