Weekly Construction Update – August 18-22
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation provided the following update:
This week, another large bridge beam was delivered to the Verona Road (US 18/151) construction site. The beam was placed for the southbound side of the Verona Road bridge over the roundabout and frontage road system.
Watch the time-lapse video of the delivery in May 2014. It was a similar delivery process, but for the other side of Verona Road.
Construction update for August 18-22
Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods. Regardless of any roadwork inconvenience, please continue to patronize area businesses in the Verona Road work zone.
Verona Road work
Two lanes open to traffic (in each direction) on new northbound lanes, between the Beltline and Raymond Road.
- View the traffic staging plans.
- Work zone speed limit is 30 mph. Drive with caution through the work zones.
- NOTE: Frontage road speed limits are typically 25 mph. Drive with caution on the frontage roads, especially Britta Parkway.
Daytime work on Verona Road southbound and the frontage roads.
- Work to occur approximately 6 a.m. - 7 p.m. (August 18-23)
NOTE: The delivery of steel girders will take place on a daily basis throughout the week, starting Monday (Aug. 18) during normal business hours.
- No delays are anticipated for these deliveries.
Freeport Connection is open to traffic (temporary roadway under Verona Road near Southwest Commuter Path).
- The Southwest Commuter Path remains open in this area.
Starting Wednesday (Aug. 20), the West Frontage Road/Hammersley Road will be CLOSED to through traffic, between the temporary Verona Road intersection near Home Depot/Subway and the Southwest Commuter Path over the Beltline, until late September 2014.
- Access will remain open for local traffic and to area businesses.
- Work includes sanitary sewer work, pavement removal and storm sewer work.
West Beltline Frontage Road (east of Verona Road)
CLOSED to through traffic, between Britta Parkway and Whenona Drive (south of the Beltline), until October 15, 2014.
- Alternate routes are required. Access to area businesses to remain open.
Hammersley Road cul-du-sac (north of the Beltline)
- CLOSED to traffic until mid-September 2014 for utility work. No detour posted.