Verona Road construction update for Aug. 11-16
The following update is provided by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation:
Verona Road work includes:
- Daytime work on Verona Road southbound and the frontage roads.
- Work to occur approximately ( )
- Work will continue on the existing southbound Verona Road lanes with grading, storm sewer, pedestrian underpass construction, and bridge/retaining wall construction
- East Frontage Road work includes curb & gutter south of the Atticus Way intersection and curb and gutter north of Atticus Way near Britta Parkway
- Traffic will be maintained on two lanes or with flagging operation
- West Frontage Road work, between Summit Road and Freeport Road will continue with bridge crews working on the exterior pier of the bridge, retaining wall construction, and storm sewer by Summit Road.
- Access to businesses will be maintained and through traffic will be allowed.
- West Frontage Road near Goodwill – sanitary sewer work will start and continue for the next several weeks (traffic maintained on two lanes or flagging operation)
- Hammersley Cul-de-sac, north of Beltline – utility work to continue for the next several weeks
- Westbound Beltline nightly lane closures:
- The right lane and auxiliary lane from Verona Road to Whitney Way to be closed nightly from night 8/11 through night 8/14
- Whitney Way exit ramp from westbound Beltline to be CLOSED nightly as needed from. night 8/11 through night 8/14
- Crews will be placing fill, moving temporary barrier wall, milling shoulder, and asphalt paving on the outside of the Beltline and Whitney Way exit ramp
- Hammersley Road cul-du-sac (north of the Beltline) is CLOSED until . No detour posted (utility work to continue – sanitary sewer, water main, gas main installations)
West Beltline Frontage Road (east of Verona Road)
- CLOSED to through traffic, between Britta Parkway and Whenona Drive (south of the Beltline), until .
- Alternate routes are required. Access to area businesses to remain open.
- Open to traffic
- Southwest Commuter Path remains open in this area.