Verona Road construction update for April 14-18
This project update is provided by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation:
Daytime lane closures on Verona Road southbound at the Beltline interchange. Bridge crews to inspect damage from the recent bridge hit.
- (April 14)
- One through lane to remain open to traffic.
- Delays anticipated. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes.
Two lanes open to traffic on Verona Road (in each direction), between the Beltline and Raymond Road.
- Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods. Please continue to patronize area businesses in the Verona Road work zone.
- Backups and delays expected in the area, especially during peak travel times. Please plan ahead and excuse the delay.
- Alternate routes encouraged for commuters and through travelers.
- Verona Road traffic staging plans (Beltline-Raymond Road) for March 21 until May 2014.
Daytime reconstruction work is ongoing on Verona Road northbound and the frontage roads.
- Crews continue with bridge and wall construction and grading operations.
- Water main construction underway on the East Frontage Road by the Britta Parkway intersection - flagging operations expected.
- Sanitary sewer construction to start mid-week just south of Red Arrow Trail at the East Frontage Road and at the Freeport Connector on the West Frontage Road. Pavement markings may be shifted to accommodate the construction – two lanes of traffic to remain open.
- Work to occur approximately (April 14-18)
- Freeport Connection is open to traffic (temporary roadway under Verona Road near Southwest Commuter Path). The Southwest Commuter Path remains open in this area.
Westbound Beltline exit ramp to Whitney Way to be closed this weekend (April 11-14).
- Ramp closed starting 10 p.m. Friday, April 11 and will reopen 5 a.m. Monday, April 14.
- Motorists required to use other routes.
- All other ramps to remain open at the Whitney Way interchange.
- Signed detour route: Gammon Road and the eastbound Beltline.
- Work includes removing concrete barrier wall and grading operations in the Whitney Way ramp are.
Daytime work is ongoing on the Whitney Way noise wall construction and start storm sewer construction on the Whitney Way ramps.
- CLOSURE: Starting Monday, April 14, one right turn lane to be closed from the westbound Beltline off ramp to Whitney Way until . One right lane turn to remain open.
Outside shoulder closed from Whitney Way to the westbound Beltline from
Nighttime lane closures on the westbound Beltline, between Verona Road and Whitney Way.
- "Exit only" lane closed: Friday, April 11 - 5 a.m. Monday, April 14
- Right lane closed: (April 11-12) | (April 12-13) | ( )
- One lane of traffic to remain open during this work.
Nightly lane closures on the westbound Beltline at Agriculture Drive (overpass east of Stoughton Road).
- ( )
Nightly lane closure on the westbound Beltline from Whitney Way to Gammon Road.
- ( )
Nightly lane closure on the eastbound Beltline from Gammon Road to Whitney Way.
- ( )
Outside shoulder closed on US 12 eastbound between County K and the Parmenter Street off ramp.
- ( )
CLOSED to through traffic, between Britta Parkway and Whenona Drive (south of the Beltline), until July 10, 2014.
- Alternate routes are required. Access to area businesses to remain open.
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) devices (e.g., traffic monitoring equipment)
Daytime work and single lane closures along County PD (in both directions), from Nesbitt Road to Fish Hatchery Road.
- ( )
Daytime work at the intersections. Shoulder closures and flagging operations along both roadways.
- ( )
Note: The Dane County Highway Department will also be working in this area.
Whitney Way and Gilbert Road intersection
Daytime work to extend the northbound and southbound left turn lanes. Single lane closures may occur along Whitney Way at the intersection.
- (April 14-18)
Work continues on bridge construction along the abandoned railroad line, just east of the Verona Road and County PD intersection.
- This portion of the trail to be closed on north and south sides of County PD until May 2014.
- Military Ridge State Trail along Verona Road remains open.
Please be alert for crews working in the area and drive with caution through the work zones.