Verona Road construction update for April 7-11
The following report is provided by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation:
Two lanes open to traffic on Verona Road (in each direction), between the Beltline and Raymond Road.
- Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods. Please continue to patronize area businesses in the Verona Road work zone.
- Backups and delays expected in the area, especially during peak travel times. Please plan ahead and excuse the delay.
- Alternate routes encouraged for commuters and through travelers.
- Verona Road traffic staging plans (Beltline-Raymond Road) for March 21 until May 2014.
Daytime reconstruction work is ongoing on Verona Road northbound and the frontage roads.
- Crews continue removing existing pavement, grading, and bridge construction.
- Water main construction to start on the East Frontage Road (within the closed area) north of Britta Parkway. Later in the week, water main work to occur through the Britta Parkway intersection - flagging operations expected.
- Work to occur approximately ( )
- Freeport Connection is open to traffic (temporary roadway under Verona Road near Southwest Commuter Path). The Southwest Commuter Path remains open in this area.
Weekend ramp closure from the westbound Beltline to Whitney Way.
- Friday, April 11 -
- Motorists required to use other routes. All other ramps to remain open at the Whitney Way interchange.
- Work includes removing concrete barrier wall and grading operations in the Whitney Way ramp area.
Daytime work is ongoing on the Whitney Way noise wall construction and start storm sewer construction on the Whitney Way ramps.
- ( )
- Right turn lane closed from the westbound Beltline off ramp to Whitney Way (one right lane turn to remain open).
Outside shoulder closed from Whitney Way to the westbound Beltline.
Nighttime lane closures on the westbound Beltline, between Verona Road and Whitney Way.
- "Exit only" lane closed: Friday, April 11 -
- Right lane closed: ( ) | ( ) | ( )
- One lane of traffic to remain open during this work.
Nightly lane closures on the westbound Beltline at Agriculture Drive (overpass east of Stoughton Road).
- ( )
Daytime electrical work for Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) devices (e.g., traffic monitoring equipment). Outside shoulders closed on the westbound Beltline at the following locations.
- South Towne Drive: ( )
- Verona Road/Midvale Boulevard: (April 9)
Nighttime ramp lane closed from Gammon Road to the eastbound Beltline. One ramp lane to remain open.
- ( )
Outside shoulders closed at the following locations from
- Eastbound Beltline on ramp from Gammon Road.
- US 12 eastbound between County K and the Parmenter Street off ramp.
Daytime electrical work for Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) devices (e.g., traffic monitoring equipment).
- Outside shoulder closed along the eastbound Beltline at Stoughton Road: ( )
- One ramp lane closed from the eastbound Beltline to South Towne Drive: (April 8)
CLOSED to through traffic, between Britta Parkway and Whenona Drive (south of the Beltline), until July 10, 2014.
- Alternate routes are required. Access to area businesses to remain open.
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) devices (e.g., traffic monitoring equipment)
Daytime work and single lane closures along County PD (in both directions), from Nesbitt Road to Fish Hatchery Road.
- ( )
Daytime work at the intersections. Shoulder closures and flagging operations along both roadways.
- ( )
Note: The Dane County Highway Department will also be working in this area.
Whitney Way and Gilbert Road intersection
Daytime work to extend the northbound and southbound left turn lanes. Single lane closures may occur along Whitney Way at the intersection.
- (April 7-11)
Work continues on bridge construction along the abandoned railroad line, just east of the Verona Road and County PD intersection.
- This portion of the trail to be closed on north and south sides of County PD until May 2014.
- Military Ridge State Trail along Verona Road remains open.
Please be alert for crews working in the area and drive with caution through the work zones.