Verona Road construction update for March 24-28
The following Verona Road construction update for March 24-28 is provided by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation:
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
The Verona Road work zone speed limit is 30 mph between the Beltline and Raymond Road. For everyone's safety, please drive with caution through the work zones.
Verona Road work
• Traffic switch on Verona Road, between the Beltline and Raymond Road.
- Southbound traffic is reduced to two lanes.
• Overview on new Verona Road traffic pattern, between the Beltline and Raymond Road.
- Once the traffic switch is complete, two lanes will remain open to traffic in each direction.
- Access to area businesses and neighborhoods to remain open for motorists with destinations in the work zone. Please continue to patronize area businesses in the Verona Road work zone.
- Backups and delays expected in the area, especially during peak travel times. Please plan ahead and excuse the delay.
- Alternate routes encouraged for commuters and through travelers.
Verona Road traffic staging plans (Beltline-Raymond Road) for March 21 until May 2014.
• Nightly single lane closures on northbound and southbound Verona Road (U.S. Hwy. 18/151), from Fitchrona Road (south of Hwy. PD) to the Raymond Road intersection.
- 10 p.m. - 5 a.m. (March 26-29)
- Crews will work on soil borings for Stage 2 of the Verona Road Project.
• Daytime reconstruction work begins on Verona Road northbound and the frontage roads.
- Crews will start removing existing pavement, grading, and start bridge construction.
- Work on the frontage roads will require flagging traffic at various locations.
- Work to occur approximately 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. (March 24-28)
Freeport Connection (temporary roadway under Verona Road near Southwest Commuter Path)
• Open to traffic starting Saturday, March 22.
• The Southwest Commuter Path remains open in this area.
West Beltline Frontage Road (east of Verona Road)
• The West Beltline Frontage Road is CLOSED to through traffic, between Britta Parkway and Whenona Drive (south of the Beltline), until July 10, 2014.
- Access to area businesses to remain open.
- Alternate routes are required.
Westbound Beltline and Whitney Way off ramp
• Nightly ramp closure from the westbound Beltline to Whitney Way.
- Work scheduled for 10 p.m. - 5 a.m. (April 1-4).
- More information to be provided in next week's update.
Please be alert for crews working in the area and drive with caution through the work zones.