Verona Road construction update for March 17-21
The following report is provided by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation:
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Verona Road traffic switch
The traffic switch, between the Beltline and Raymond Road, will occur late next week and should be complete by Friday, March 21. In conjunction with this multi-night switch, traffic will be reduced to two lanes on Verona Road southbound starting Thursday, March 20 and two lanes on Verona Road northbound starting Friday, March 21.
By Friday morning (March 21), all traffic will be shifted to the southbound lanes of Verona Road between the Beltline and Raymond Road.
• Two lanes to remain open to traffic in each direction on Verona Road, between the Beltline and Raymond Road, starting Friday, March 21.
• Access to area businesses and neighborhoods to remain open for motorists with destinations in the work zone. Please continue to patronize area businesses in the Verona Road work zone.
• Backups and delays are expected in the area, especially during peak travel times. Please plan ahead and excuse the delay.
• Alternate routes are encouraged for commuters and through travelers to avoid those delays.
Verona Road work
• Nightly single lane closures on northbound and southbound Verona Road, from the Beltline south to the Raymond Road intersection.
- 10 p.m. - 5 a.m. (March 16-20)
- Crews will remove existing median islands along Verona Road, between the Beltline and the Atticus Way/Summit Road intersection, and remove median islands at the eastbound Beltline off ramp to Verona Road.
- Crews will work on temporary pavement marking on Verona Road, in preparation for the traffic switch later in the week.
• Daytime single lane closures on northbound and southbound Verona Road, from the Beltline to the Raymond Road intersection.
- 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. (March 17-19)
- Crews will pour concrete pavement in the existing median islands that were removed.
• Daytime work will continue to install temporary street lighting along Verona Road and the frontage roads.
- Work on the frontage roads will require flagging traffic.
- Work to occur approximately 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. (March 17-21)
• This temporary roadway is under Verona Road and adjacent to the Southwest Commuter Path, between Allied Drive and Freeport Road.
• The Connection will open to traffic starting Friday, March 21.
• The Southwest Commuter Path remains open in this area.
West Beltline Frontage Road (east of Verona Road)
• Effective Tuesday, March 18, the West Beltline Frontage Road to be closed to through traffic, between Britta Parkway and Whenona Drive (south of the Beltline), until July 10, 2014.
- Access to area businesses to remain open.
- Alternate routes are required.
- Work on the frontage road reconstruction will occur throughout the week.
View the Verona Road traffic staging plans (Beltline-Raymond Road) for March 21 until May 2014: http://lists.wi.gov/t/924799/2022829/4908/0/
Please be alert for crews working in the area and drive with caution through the work zones.